Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Back in Fukuoka

After waking up early, having my brother navigate the streets of Boston to Logan Airport, and several long flights, I made it back to Fukuoka. The plane trips were not bad, and as we entered the airspace around Narita, I was listening to David Bowie's "Space Oddity". Part way through the song I realized it probably wasn't an appropriate choice for landing music as it involves a flaming crash. I switched to The Ramones' "Blitzkrieg Bop", but it was cut short when the plane turned off all their entertainment channels.

After arriving in Fukuoka, my host dad picked me up from the airport. My host-mother was really excited to see me, and after handing them the gifts I bought, we had dinner. I wish I liked more Japanese food, but I have a lot of trouble trying to eat it. They also have a new cat. Half the time it attacks everything in sight, the other half it wants to be pet.

Saturday I spent most of the day exploring and reestablishing my bearings around town. On Sunday I spent most of the day in bed because I was feeling sick. Monday classes started, and I haven't really spoken with my classmates yet. Like last year there is a ton of students from some school in Finland. They stick together like the blob and take up a lot of room in the lounge area. The school had a guide take us to a nearby place of interest, and it was a place I visited last year. It was okay, because I found a gift for my nephew there. Tuesday was Tanabata, and in class we had to write down our wish. I wished that I could fight a bear, "Kuma to Kenkashitai desu". I went to Pachinko with my host family, and I did not win anything. Aftward we went to eat Ramen.

Today it was raining a lot, so after class I went to a nearby shopping center to find a sporting goods' store to find a baseball. I brought my glove from home, and hope to spend more time outside.

I will probably have pictures on future updates, butfor now I am too lazy.

2 comments:

Mai said...

It sounds you are having nice time in Fukuoka!! もっともっと楽しんでね♪

L.Jav said...

Yeah, it's been fun so far.