Thursday, June 12, 2008

One week + a couple days


A bunch of things have happened since my last post. I went on a tour of Tenjin a couple days ago. We looked at a shrine, which I got video of, but no pictures. Lugging around both my video camera, photo camera, etc would have been a pain. At the Shrine some of us got our fortunes and one of the student's fortunes was basically "If you travel far from home, bad things will follow". The tour guide fell over laughing as he read it. Mine was "Travel is good", and they mumbled through the rest. I can only assume I will get hit by a car when I get back home. After the Shrine we went to a nearby mall and looked around. We went into one of those silly pictures booths geared towards teenaged girls and it was scary. While we were waiting for the bus we noticed a bunch of nearby buildings with bright flashing lights and names like "Hot Lips" and "Cutey". One of our tour guides said that you pay for an hour long massage there, but 40 of the minutes nothing happens.

THere have been some pretty different things that I've noticed over here. Even though it's really hot out, a lot of the women are wearing long sleeved clothing, long gloves, big hats, and carry around umbrellas. Instead of getting tans, it seems like lighter skin is preferential over here. In the arcades here, the lighting is really good, instead of dark like back home. Also the people that go into them are different, throughout the day I've seen businessmen/women, teenagers, etc etc. Back home it's usually just teenagers. Also many people ride bikes around here, and I have no idea how many business people I've seen riding around.

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk29/LJtheLost/

No comments: