Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Riding around on my bicycle



I've been riding around on my host-family's bicycle pretty much everywhere. By the time this trip ends I better be an expert on bike riding because it's difficult to dodge all the pedestrians and scooters and other bikes.

A couple nights ago my host mother took me to the video rental store. I tried to find "Machinegun Girl" or some title like that, but couldn't. I really wanted to see that movie because the preview was relly funny. I ended up renting "Cromartie Highschool" the live action movie. There were no subtitles, but I could still followmost of the movie because it was exactly lke the manga and anime. My host mother rented "Little Miss Sunshine" which was pretty funny.

I don't really like afternoon classes here because by the time classes end it's starting to get dark and I can't explore and get a lot of good video. I went back to the Kimono shop yesterday, but didn't get anything because the one they held for me was too small for my niece, and the other ones that they got didn't look too good. I felt really bad about it.

Tomorrow is Friday, so that means Karaoke and bar/club crawling. In the "Fukuoka Now" guidebook there is mention of a big party at one of the nearby places, I'll try to see if I can go there. I also want to go to some kind of amusement park while I'm here. SpaceWorld is nearby, but I really want to go to the Ninja Village place. But it's like an hour or to away, and I don't want to go alone.

1 comment:

persephone977 said...

It's sounds like you are having a great trip thusfar! Don't worry too much about the kimono shop--I'm sure they realize kimonos are not mostly sized for us giant Americans. Good luck with the Ninja Village--maybe one of your Karaoke buddies would like to go with you? Thanks for the pics! :)

Perse