Sunday, June 29, 2008

Lotsa stuff


Okay, I'm finding myself watching stuff on TV I would never watch at home. Everything from cooking shows, to weird make-over shows, to who-knows-what.

Friday was Karaoke and I sang Europe(the lyrics and music were not correct), Iron Maiden, MC Hammer, and I think another band. Someone else sang the song from Napoleon Dynamite and the teachers sang "Linda Linda". After that I ended up at Happy Cock again, which isn't really that great. The drinks are watered down,the place is really smokey, and full of American GIs. I told the others I'm not going there again. As I left I ran into some of the others and we ended up playing pool.

On Saturday I went to Fukuoka Tower with the others. But first we went to this Ramen place that was very impersonal. You buy a food ticket and fill out how you want the food prepared while you wait in line. When you get inside, the seating is all tiny booths and you hand the cook a ticket through a window. After the food is done they drop a curtain over the window. Fukuoka Tower is very tall, and my fear of heights got to me a little bit. From the tower you can see most of the city. On one of the walls was a child's art project that made the building look like it was on fire.
After that we went to a nearby mall and bought capsule toys and played with robots.

On SUnday my host mother took me to a cheap Yukata shop, I bought a couple Yukata for family members. Later on we went to play Pachinko, I didn't win any money, but my host mother and father did. They said they won because of the souvenirs I bought them at FUkuoka Tower. We rented movies and got food from Hatto Motto.

2 comments:

Mai said...

Wow, I'm happy that you have experienced lots of things in Japan even good and bad things.
It's good for you to lose pachinko, otherwise you might me eager to pachinko thereafter.haha~
Yukata must suit you~

Hope you have a lovely time in Japan.

L.Jav said...

Thanks. THe YUkata store only had stuff for women, so I couldn't get anything for myself.